1.16.2014

On This Journey

As some of you know I decided to take control of my life again & lose weight. Not just ten to fifteen pounds, I want to lose thirty-five pounds before October. I want to return to the weight I was and can remember being my happiest.  



In the last 15 months of marriage I put this weight on not because I didn't care, not because I ate everything in sight, not because I was unhappy and ate my feelings but because I stopped putting myself and my needs first. As any new wife, I put my husband and my family before my own personal needs. In the last few months I have learned I can no longer do this and I need to take care of me before I can take care of anyone else

my goal for this journey


  •  to fit back into my size 26 jeans with no muffin top
  • wear a bikini in the Caribbean in October & not feel gross  
  • fit back into all my clothes 
  • find self confidence 
  • find a new way to eat healthy 
  • fall in love with myself 
  • find true and pure happiness





This is just the beginning 

I am welcoming all of you to come follow along in my journey of finding myself again 




Last I want to leave you with a few of my favorites that inspire me each day that have touched my life if they know it or not 

Liz over at Fitness Blondie : we are secretly BFF's but I am not sure she knows it just yet. Reading aka stalking her blog has gave me so much insight and so much motivation, I have no way to say Thank you enough to her for that. 

Jessica at Jessica's Journey: This girl has left tears in my eyes reading her story & how dedicated she is to changing her life. 

Tiffany at The Momma Bear Diaries: She is always there to encourage me & give me that extra push. She is on her own journey & I couldn't be more proud of her. 

Jess at Operation Skinny Jeans: She is currently in her own mission to lose weight but she is so raw and real about it. 

Can't forget my biggest supporter my Husband decided to take on his own transformation this year and created Kings Fitness to track his progress & give motivation. Check him out  

Trust me, I have lots & lots of blogs/ facebook groups/ googling that I do on most days that keep me inspired but right now these are the ones that touch me the most. They are the ones that keep pushing me when I get to that rock. As Jessica from Jessica Journey/Fit & Fiesty once told me "if there's a mountain I want to climb, I gather the most important people in my life and we push each other to get up and over the climb. It's mental, its physical and the burn is the reward!"  





3 comments

Hilary said...

Good luck girlie!! I'm always here if you need some motivation. I wish I could take the journey with you - Lord knows I could stand to exercise a little here and there - but with a baby on the way, I'd be a horrible workout partner. But I can send you some motivational Pinterest quotes whenever you need a little pick me up. :-))

Alisa Nelson-Nelson said...

Good Luck ! I cant wait to see your progress ! Its hard but if you have the right people around you, you can accomplish any and everything !

Tammy Jo said...

Can't wait to see your progress!!