7.09.2014

Guest Post: Mama Moly's Whole 30

What a treat to have such an amazing lady who was willing to share her experience on Whole 30. Mama Moly is amazing... 

_________________________

I know I won't last 30 days, but I'll give it a shot…
This was my non-chalant approach to starting 30 days of no dairy, no grains (gluten and non-gluten), no sugar, and no legumes.  In my mind, it sounded like no fun.  

 Hi guys!  I'm Mama Moly from holymamamoly.com and at 243lbs, I'd tried almost every diet out there with limited and temporary success, before once again falling into old habits.  Mo Man (12 month old son) just learned to walk, and chasing after him while that big, was not easy; not to mention Mr. Moly (my hubby) and I are planning to conceive again this winter.  

I needed to try something I've never tried before: ditching the diets and getting healthy, for real.  This time I did my research, and finally admitted to myself that it wasn't going to be another temporary quick fix, but a change in my relationship with food, no matter how long it took to lose the weight.

I bought a copy of It Starts With Food, and got to work right away.  I knew if I waited to finish the book, I would never start, so I learned the main rules and learned the rest as I went along.  The first week is hard, I'm not even going to sugar coat it (no pun intended).  Coming from an almost entirely processed diet, it was a crazy shock to my system.  Blogging daily about my adventure helped a lot, and encouraged me as much as it held me accountable.  
On day 30, I couldn't believe I made it that far!  I felt so great and had a foreign confidence about me; truth be told, I didn't realize how desperately I needed to know I could see something like this through.  

Before Whole30 I was so tired and lazy that I gave up everything I did before I even started.  Now that I'm finished, I feel like I have a new energy about me, a new outlook on life.  I believe in myself, and believe me, if I can do this, so can you!

My results from the Whole30. 


I lost 31.5" from my entire body!



You can check out the full recap of my Whole30 experience on my blog: holymamamoly.com






______________________________________

What do you think of her experience? I almost want to give it a try & see how far I can make it! I love the idea of blogging every day for the full 30 days.

Please go by Mama Moly and give her some love. Follow her journey. 

Happy Wednesday ya'll! 




No comments