6.21.2016

5 Ways To Get Out Of The Funk In The Morning

Good Morning ya'll

Did you have an amazing Monday? I did besides the fact that San Diego was melting away. We hit a new record for heat, it was 111 at my house when I got home from work and I don't believe it really cooled down until after I went to bed. I hate trying to sleep while sweating. Not to mention, we were in a flex alert so we couldn't even turn on the air. The struggle was real yesterday, but today seems to already be much cooler. Before I head out to the gym, I wanted to share some ways I pull myself out of a funk. 

Sometimes I wake up and I am just not in the mood to deal with people or even be talked too.

I wanted to share my ways of improving my mood to have a better day 



1. Having a Cup of coffee/ Your favorite beverage 
Something as simple as a yummy cup of coffee can truly change my mode. I love being able to sit down and enjoy it. My favorite days are the ones I work from home where I am not in a rush to get out the door and can enjoy it while it's still warm/hot. 

2. Read 
Lately, I have been getting up in the morning to read a few pages out of my book. I am addicted to reading from a real book and not just on my ipad. I am currently reading Me before you & it's so good. I want to finish it soon so I can go see the movie. 

3. Put on a cute outfit/Something comfortable 
Sometimes all it takes is for me to put on a cute outfit and or workout gear and my mode instantly changes. It's like my mind knows something is about to go down. 

4. Light a candle/Turn on Scentsy 
My sister recently got me back into scentsy and I love it. I have the service member warmer and a few plug ins. I got new bars and I love them. I look forward to getting up every morning now and turning them on. I love when the house smells amazing and is clean. 

5. Do a quick workout
Sometimes I don't need to do a full hour or so but something as small as 10 minutes truly helps (I usually do a minimum of 10 minutes). It gets my day going and my heart rate up. Than I am ready and I know I can always go back to my workout once I get my to do list started 

My quick go to methods of changing my mood. What do you do to change your mood when you wake up in a funk? 

2 comments

Jess said...

Love it! I actually started reading a mother's devotional and it has helped start my day off on a positive note ☺️

I'm starting me before you! And I agree I love real books I hate reading on kindle or my phone.

Blogger said...

There's an exciting new opportunity that is growing in popularity online.

Major companies are paying average people for sharing their opinions!

You can make up to $75 per survey!

This is available to anybody from any country!