1.22.2018

I was Brave

Last time I really dedicated myself to get on track and lose some weight was summer of 2016. Husband was deployed and I was determined to get in shape for his homecoming. Well I lose about 15 pounds and met him in Hawaii. We had a great time & than life went back to normal and I gained that back. Since than, it's been a hell of a time to get back on track. I find myself once again with hubby deployed and wanting to get in shape for his homecoming. 

Inset this blog. I am going to use my little space to track my progress and ability to stay on track. I have horrible times on the weekends and even worse time trying to find lunch ideas but I am determine to do this. Also, you know that whole brave thing?  Well this is me being brave to share my journey.               

                  

Hydroflask came out with the hawaii edition bottles and I knew I had to get one. I got the Moana color and my sister got the Pomaikai (yellow & hot pink). I finally got a straw lid for it too to use. Secret to my hydroflask, I never put anything else in my bottles besides water so they do not grow anything inside of them. I have seen some nasty in them. 


Friday I finally did some sprints/cardio for the first time in a long time. I even busted out my beats by dre purple headphones. One day I will use my bluetooth ones and see how I like them. I am currently in the step bet Challenge that Brandi is running. I love the step bets over the diet bets. I can hit my steps but not so much lose the 4% body weight. We are just about to start week 3 which means half way through the challenge. 

RIP little mouse, you picked the wrong house to enter. 


So I did a brave thing that I wouldn't of done normally. I am such a home body. I do not like going places and definitely don't like going places alone. So when this gem asked me to come watch her competition I knew this was the first step to being brave this year. 

I walked into this competition knowing my gym was there but no one else. There was tons of people in this place. The anxiety kicked in and I didn't know what to do. Luckily she found me and said hello but than she had to go back to warm ups. She crushed it on the platform and I know so many amazing things are still ahead for her journey. 




There you have it. My first update of the year. 
How are you following your year goals?

1 comment

  1. I'm following them really well because I didn't set any! Lol.... My goal is to keep my two children alive for 2018. :-X But good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete