1.08.2018

Brave

Here we are 2018, where in the world has the time gone? It's like I blinked and I have been married for 5 years, out of high school for 10 years and I am 2 short years away from 30.  Let that sink in for a bit, eek It's moving much to quickly. 

I have always been a planner, you could say it's a family trait. My dad was a planner for a big company, my brother is a planner so much so that we have a family joke that everything he does is in a spreadsheet, it's just in my nature to want to plan everything. So when the clock struck midnight on January 1, 2017 I thought I knew everything I wanted to accomplish last year. I even wrote some of them down but as we know, life is funny in that way. I can't say it was a complete waste but I definitely didn't accomplish what I wanted to. So I am going to work on letting go of the planner side of me and I am going to pick a word to focus on this year instead and some goals that I won't beat myself up over as long as I stay true my word. 

"Brave enough to start. You were always meant to be brave."

Brave. It's one of those words that has just reappeared since the beginning of the year. It just spoke to me. Almost like a sign. I knew this was going to be my year to be brave in every aspect of my life.  




I am going to be brave enough to do everything that I set my heart on and sets my soul on fire. 
Brave to forgive those that I never truly forgave years ago, it's time I really let that part go. 
I am going to be brave to stand up for myself. 
Brave to strength my marriage, friendships, and relationship with Jesus. 
I am going to be brave enough to share this little corner of the web to those around me. 
Brave to say no to things. 
I am going to be brave to be true to myself. 
Brave to chase all those dreams I have ever had even if it scares me. 

This year I am going to Brave for myself! 

What are you working on for 2018? 

1 comment

  1. Brave is a great word to go into the year with! There are so many things that require a little extra bravery. Good luck in 2018!

    ReplyDelete