4.24.2018

BALANCING MY LIFE


Hi ya'll! I can't believe we're already in the last week of April. These months are just flying by. San Diego is warming up and summer is around the corner. Did I really just say summer is coming already? We didn't get much of a fall/winter so I feel like we've been in summer all year long though.

I want to be honest, as usually I am, this blog has take a backseat in my everyday life. I used to blog regularly back in 2011-2013 or so. Matter of fact, I never shared my wedding photos, the details or anything like that. Fast forward to now, I want to bring it back. I want to share all my wedding info, recipes I have found and created, my love of fashion,opening my own boutique , how I mange to work 3 jobs, be a mom, wife, and friend. There's so much to blog about when I used to think there was nothing. 


I want my blog to come back alive and for it to be a place I can come and express myself to matter the issue, feelings or anything. I really do need to update it though. 

This leads me to, for the last month or so I have been extremely overwhelmed, anxious, nervous, discouraged and everything else. I am learning I am spreading myself way too thin and I really need to reel it back in and take a seat to focus on what matters to me. This is how I was feeling when I went on my hiatus of blogging a few years back and never really come back around. 

In the last month, I have learned a lot of things about myself. I work a ton. I do not take time for self care. I worry about everyone else first. My social life is struggle busing. Plus so much more. Yesterday, I decided I am going to just take the day off. Yes, I did some work but not nearly what I normally do and I felt so much better. 

Meanwhile, I brainstormed some ideas on how to balance my life and I want to share them with you. 

  • Go to the gym 
  • Take a walk with a friend 
  • Quit working for the day
  • Order takeout 
  • Binge watch your favorite show 
  • Read a good book 
  • Be lazy for a day 
  • Put your phone down 
  • Shut your computer off 
  • Go get a manicure and pedicure 
  • Get your hair done
  • Buy a new outfit 
  • Drink a glass of wine 
  • Make a lunch date with a friend 
  • Clean your house
  • Drink lots of water
  • Write your goals down 

Don't feel overwhelmed with summer coming. Take it one step at a time. 

What do you do when you feel anxious, nervous, overwhelmed? 



Let's connect




No comments

Post a Comment