5.05.2016

TEAM WAFFLE || Low Carb Recipe

Good Morning ya'll! I know I said I was going to share this on Waffle Wednesday but I got super busy from the moment I was awake to the moment I went to sleep. 

This coming weekend is a special one for me and it's taking a lot of pre-work to get it all together. (More on it next week)

                                       

I have been posting my waffles over on instagram and lately a lot of people have been asking me how I make them and how I keep my carb count so low in them.

I am here to share my secrets with you just in case you missed it on insta.  


Ingredients

  • 1 whole egg 
  • 1 scoop of protein (Depending how I am feeling that day depends on which protein I use, mainly my go to for low carb is PE Science Snickerdoodle. I have Vanilla, Reese Peanut butter & Cookies & cream coming today, I will get back to you on those)
  • 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond and or cashew milk 
  • 20-25g of kodiak cake mix (lately it's been the peanut butter crunch, you probably can skip this step and really keep the carbs low)
  • dash of baking powder 
  • dash of vanilla
Directions:

Warm up the waffle maker (this is key) Mix all the ingredients together. Spray waffle maker with cooking spray (I use coconut oil spray from Trader Joe's) and cook like a normal waffle. 

Sometimes I keep it a little longer since I like the brown and crunchy to it. 

My mix usually makes two (a small one and a larger one. I have not perfected the making yet)

Top with whatever you like! 

I usually top mine with Walden Farms syrup (I have all 3 flavors, strawberry, blueberry and regular & I have the caramel sauce in the bottle that looks like the syrup) Than if I am feeling frisky, I top with truwhip and enjoy!  





I am totally Team Waffle! Are you Team Waffle or Team Pancake? 



3 comments

  1. This looks so yummy, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks yummy lovely post
    simplylovebeingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    This means that you actually get rid of fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete