8.06.2013

Peanut Butter Goodness

Once again I was home cooking up some clean eating meals this weekend. 
I can officially say I have lost 10 lbs since our beach camping trip
This means I lost the weight I gained beach camping & almost the weight from my April cruise.. 
I can't wait to reach my goal weight. 

Once again I was on Dashing Dish & let me tell you she has made so many new yummy recipes. 

This is one I HAD to try right away & it is as good as it looks. 

The pictures & recipes are all credit to Dashing Dish 
please if you are going to share give Katie the credit. 


Ingredients 

  • 1 1/2 cups Old fashioned oats (or 1 1/4 cups oat flour)

  • 1/2 cup Protein powder (or additional 1/2 cup oats or 3/4 cup oat flour)

  • 1 tsp Baking soda

  • 1 tsp Baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp Salt

  • 1-3 Ripe banana, mashed 
  • 1/2 cup Unsweetened applesauce

  • 1/4 cup Plain low fat Greek yogurt (or 1/4 cup additional applesauce)

  • 1/2 cup Egg whites (about 4 egg whites)

  • 1/2 cup baking stevia OR 1 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar 

  • 1/3 cup Creamy peanut butter 

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bread/loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. 

Place all of the ingredients in a blender or mixing bowl and blend until batter is smooth. 

Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy!

What I did

I used rolled oats and made my own oat flour 
I used ALL oat flour (she says you can use protein powder)  

I used 3 bananas instead of 1 

I baked mine for about an hour & half - it wasn't nearly done at 40 minutes. Remember to check with a tooth pick and it is not doughy when done. 

Next time: I want to try chunky peanut butter or Peanut Butter & Co flavors - my favorite is White Chocolate Wonderland 

Enjoy

Let me know how yours turns out.
E-Man ate our whole loaf already & it's only been a week




No comments

Post a Comment