10.20.2015

One Of The Seven Wonders

Cancun was amazing. They are not enough words to describe it and I would highly recommend it to anyone who asks. Stay at Secrets the Vine when you go, I promise you'll thank me later. 

Before I review the hotel , let's chat about how I celebrated my 26th Birthday though, ever since my 23rd birthday right before we got married I decided I NEVER wanted to spend my birthday again at home. So each year since than we've gone somewhere. Cruise to the Caribbean, Catalina Island and now Cancun.  

While in Cancun, We, well I decided I wanted to spend my 26th Birthday at Chichen Itza. It was probably one of the best ideas I've ever had. Chichen Itza is now considered one of the seven wonders in the world. It's HUGE! 

We booked the trip through the hotel which was very easy and I loved they took credit cards so the bank did all the conversations from American money to Pesos for us. 


We got the nice big tourist bus as it was a LONG bus ride out there. They broke the day up into exciting things. We stopped right outside to do some shopping, spent a few hours at Chichen Itza, a lunch buffet, than a swim in the cenota before heading back to the hotel. 

Our bus picked up other people from different hotels, they provided a small breakfast and beers and water on the bus. 

On the bus


Just outside of shopping


Alex has gone on vacation so many times waiting to see one of these guys and we finally got to see him. He had to get pictures right when we walked in. 


The famous temple. Our tour guide gave us the full history lesson on how they built it. This one represents the calendar. December 21 last year wasn't end of the world, it just meant that history would repeat itself. Mayan people believed the world starts over after so many years. It is amazing how they built something so detailed back than that explained so much. 


Story time: We asked a couple to take a picture of us in front of the ruins. Alex made a comment about there will be two poses and as usual I was confused and just brushed it off. We took the first picture and I looked at him like what's the next picture? 


Next picture: He re proposed with a right hand ring! I was laughing so hard because we were already married and everyone kept saying congratulations. How do you say thanks but we're already married? I couldn't of asked for a better birthday present! 



Leave it to me to find the dogs living there. 


This is the Venus ruins. and our Mayan tour guide, all mayan people are really short. I felt tall standing next to them and I am only 5'3 



This is the game field. They try to put their 2 pound ball through those holes kind of like basketball. The winner than gets sacrificed for their Gods. 


The back side of the ruins. A guy who bought the land from after the ruins were built decided he wanted to use the stones to build his house and started to destroy the back side of the ruins. It's crazy how much he took and crazy to see how much detail went into building these ruins. 


So we left Chichen Itza engaged again and ready to eat some Mayan Food! 



Have you ever been to Chichen Itza? It's a must when you go to Cancun or any where near it! 


9 comments

  1. Awww, your husband is sooo sweet!!! I can imagine how funny it must have felt haha!! Beautiful photos <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks so pretty, great pictures! and how nice of your husband to repropose

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's adorable! Congratulations on your second engagement haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome and congratulations on the engagement! We love this area and can't go back enough. The ruins are so much fun and they have great food and hotels. It's one of our favorite places to visit and isn't that expensive either. We will have to check out some of these places when we visit again. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went with my family when I was younger, loved it! That is a great idea to spend your birthdays away from home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to Cancun in August and had a great time there. It was absolutely beautiful. We unfortunately didn't get to see Chichen Itza. The plans that we made got a little mixed up. We did get to see Tulum and swam in one of the underwater caves. I can't wait to go back there next year. Your husband is adorable for doing that for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO Cute!! What an awesome adventure! And a wonderful husband to put a spotlight on your love at a beautiful destination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. JESSICA! Okay, so for whatever reason your link was lost in the abyss of the internet and I literally couldn't find it to save my life....so I thought you stopped blogging and I was sad. BUT, here you are! and I've followed you again so now I can keep up with your blogging and not just your instagram posts! YAY!

    Also, I had fun stalking your instagram with all of your photos from your trip and reading about it was just as fun. It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do here in jessica blogland.

    I've missed you!

    -Ashlee Michelle
    www.makeupandmodifieds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete