4.05.2018

WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR MORNING

Hey Ya'll! I am sticking to my blog posting this month so far plus I am working on updating the blog. I am in need of someone who can help with that? Anyone out there want to help or know someone who can help? Send them my way please or leave their information so I can get in contact with them. 

I am working hard on a few things currently which sometimes leaves me feeling in a funk in the morning. Mostly the mornings the to do list is over flowing and it seems as I cross one thing off the list, than two more things are added. When I wake up in the morning in that funk, here are somethings I do to shake it and make the most of each day. 


1. Having a Cup of coffee or Your favorite beverage //

Something as simple as a yummy cup of coffee can truly change my mode. I love being able to sit down and enjoy it. My favorite days are the ones I work from home where I am not in a rush to get out the door and can enjoy it while it's still warm/hot. It is rare though to actually finish a warm cup of coffee before getting super busy. 

2. Read //
Lately, I have been getting up in the morning to read a few pages out of my book. I am addicted to reading from a real book and not just on my iPad. This also includes my daily devotional I am trying to finish. Anyone else like to read from a real book? 

3. Put on a cute outfit  // 
Sometimes all it takes is for me to put on a cute outfit and or workout gear and my mode instantly changes. It's like my mind knows something is about to go down. Also, changing from pjs to clothes help sets the tone for the work day.  

4. Light a candle //
I will light one of my favorite candles in the morning while I am doing my reading & enjoying my coffee. 

5. Do a quick workout // 
Sometimes I don't need to do a full hour or so but something as small as 10 minutes truly helps . It gets my day going and my heart rate up. Than I am ready and I know I can always go back to my workout once I get my to do list started. 

What do you do to improve your mornings?


Follow along in my journey



15 comments

  1. Yes to working out and stretching! Making myself workout in the morning is so hard! But it's so worth it! I am way more energized for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all fantastic ways to start a good day! It's amazing what a little "you" time in the morning can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! Totally agree about REAL books--screens are NOT the same at all. And I definitely can't get out the door without my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at coffee! I do have to say that this is a great list. I don't have a lot of time in the morning during the week, but even a couple minutes of exercise would be nice. This would be great to focus on during the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though I am not a morning person as far as working out, when I work out in the mornings, it really does help! Sitting back and doing some reading is always so relaxing. Kind of start the morning off a little less hectic. Love all of your suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3-4 mornings a week I get up and go to burn boot camp and I can tell a huge difference in my day on the days I do get up and work out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes to get started in the mornings, I have to do something that I enjoy before I can get to working on what I should be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quick workouts used to really work for me when I was just feeling bleh! but I stopped doing that so I guess it's time I re-think my mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a cup of coffee or a good work out is always the way for me to have a great morning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I were more of a morning person. I do get the most of my work done in the mornings but I envy those people that wake up early and sip coffee while watching the sun rise...
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are awesome and they do help. I find listening to music you enjoy helps too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. coffee and a workout are two of my favorite ways to get the day going! it makes such a difference (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally feel ya on the morning routines! Coffee is my go-to, but just putting on a cute outfit and some makeup always gets me a little more motivated!! I’m hoping to add my exercise routine to the morning too! I love the idea of lighting a seasonal candle. I’m going to go do that right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely great tips you have here! I'm a hot mess without my coffee first thing in the morning.

    xx Tatyanna
    http://www.apopoflife.com

    ReplyDelete