11.04.2014

Caribbean Cruise Day 5: Nassau, Bahamas


The last port of our cruise was Nassau, Bahamas. Let me tell you, I thought for sure it would be a lot nicer but I guess that is only on Paradise Island where Atlantis is located. It truly reminded me of Mexico.  


This was the day we did a shore excursion to go swimming with the dolphins and little did I know it included sting rays.


It was a 30 minute little boat ride over to the Balmoral Island which just so happens to be where the Sandals resort is located. Anyone interested in doing that, DONT! There is NOTHING on the island. I believe they are trying to expand the island but currently it's the dolphins, the sting rays and one bar. 



This was our trainer with our dolphin. Camera weren't allowed when we were in the water, but I did get some pictures of us with the Dolphins and Sting Rays tomorrow. 


After the Dolphins and Sting Rays we spend the rest of the time on the island doing nothing. Than we boarded our boat back to the port to shop and walk around. 



Proud to be an American!



The local beer where we ate lunch/dinner. The lime was the best one. The people are nice but are pushy and they are in no rush to get you your food. We waited over 2 hours for some food.



Waiting for our food


This was the restaurants signature drink called the Pain Killer.  


After lunch we walked the streets and so many people were telling us "come see what I have to sell", "come by my stuff", "I have things to take back home" - I was over people talking to me that we just went to a little shop on the corner bought what we wanted and headed back to the ship. The streets smelt horrible and we heard the crime has been crazy there. 





One of my favorite parts of cruising is watching us leave ports. We always get a balcony so it's nice to have that private area to watch from. Well Alex decided to go get a plate of fries and a drink. As we were pulling out all these birds were following us so we decided to start feeding them fries. Next thing we know, other people on their balconies were doing the same thing and we had the whole folk following our boat. It was some good entertainment. Even though I am deathly scared of birds. 





Than we headed back to Miami for Alex to go back to work and I came back home. It was good to spend that week with him and I can't wait for next year. We're already planning our trip. 

3 comments

  1. Hi! I am a new follower of your blog :) Looks like you had a great vacay! When I was younger we took a cruise to the Bahamas and the only thing I liked about it was Atlantis, I remember people being very pushy there and wanting you to spend a lot of money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cruising! I think it is the greatest way to vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh I am jealous times a thousand!!!

    ReplyDelete