1.13.2016

Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe

Today is day 3 of the challenge, let's just say I am surviving on the 24 day challenge (Barely). I am going to do a post on my thoughts during this cleanse as this is the first time that I am really giving it my all. I sure hope the hard work pays off though. 

Today I want to share with you my lunch recipe. Ya'll this stuff is the best! It is a bit spicy but I love spicy foods.  

Chicken Enchilada Soup 


Ingredients 

  • 1 package of chicken Tenderloins (Mine measured out to around 400 grams) 
  • Diced Onion (I go super easy & buy pre-chop and used 80grams) 
  • Medium Green Chilies (I bought the giant glass jar from Costco and used 30grams) 
  • 1 can of Tomatoes from Trader Joes (I used the Fire Roasted flavor)  
  • 1 can of Diced Tomatoes (I used a can from the Costco pack)
  • 1 can of Black Beans (drain and rinse)
  • 4 tsps Minced Garlic (The big jar from Costco again - I used 20grams)
  • 2 tablespoons of Ground Cumin
  • 2 tablespoons of Chili Powder 
  • 1 tablespoon of Oregano 
  • Ground Pepper and Salt to taste 
Extras:

  • Avocado
  • Cilantro  


Directions:
***If you follow macros (make sure to weigh each thing separate)*** 

  1. Place all ingredients into a big mixing bowl 
  2. Mix together 
  3. Place in Crock pot 
  4. Cook for 4-8 hours depending how fast yours cooks (Mine cooks super fast so it took about 4 hours to completely cook the chicken)
  5. After chicken is cooked, Shred with two forks 
  6. Eat with Avocado and cilantro 
  7. Enjoy! 




7 comments

  1. This sounds really good and it's the perfect season for soup! I'll have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh this looks so yummy! I need to buy a crockpot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really tasty! I'm always looking for easy and healthy recipes to use for dinners and lunches during the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chicken enchilada soup! Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh this looks so yummy!! Especially with that avocado on top!!

    ReplyDelete