8.26.2014

That One Time I Went Whale Watching

One weekend, I decided to book a Whale Watching tour for Alex and I. It's a 3-4 hour boat ride around the ocean (8-9 miles off shore) looking for whales and other sea life. Sadly, for us we only found one blue whale. It was beautiful to watch.


Sea Lions as if we don't see enough of these guys rolling around. 




They did serve $4 shock top beer..


This is how you spot a whale


The tail flip thing they do. I did learn that not all whales will do this. Normally when the whale does this they swim below the surface to get food and will be down for 5-10 minutes.



Photobomb! 


It was so much fun spending this time with just Alex and me. We decided we'd go once a year since it is a year around whale watching tour. Maybe next year we will go in spring or winter to see the difference. 

If you ever come to San Diego, I would suggest you take this tour. 

2 comments