8.07.2014

Tips For Getting Fit

 

I love sports. I love being outside. I love to cook. I plan my meals. I even don't mind a good sweat. Now take all of that and add trying to lose weight and all pieces fall apart. 

If you've been following me, you know I am on a mission to lose weight. I even took up seeing a nutritionist to help with this process. While my nutritionist also teaches barre classes, bootcamp classes I take with her, and recently we are taking up cardio together.  

So while I was thinking about my weight loss journey, I thought there are so many out there on this same journey or want to start this journey. Here are my tips to getting back into the groove of getting fit! 

1. Find a water bottle with a straw (preferably a metal bottle) 
I am not sure what it is about the straw but it seems we all drink more water when it's out of a straw. Divide your weight by 2 and that is how many ounces you need to drink in a day. After each bottle, track your water in an app such as my fitness pal or even fitbit  

2. Find a buddy 
Finding an accountability buddy is key. Make sure you can text, snap chat and even instagram them to show that you've gotten off your couch and to the gym. If you need a buddy, let me know. I am all open for more buddies. 

3. Set a goal of 30 minutes a day
Everyone asks me how do I do it everyday? My simple answer is 30 minutes. We all have 30 minutes to do something. I like to run so that is my go to for 30 minutes. Even walking for 30 minutes is something to start.  

4. Stop comparing your current self to your old self 
This is a huge even for me. I am always comparing myself to what I was like even a year or two ago. When all my clothes fit. I need to stop and focus on the now so the future will change. I can't go back to the past and change so I might as well change the future right?

5. Find music you enjoy
Music is key to any workout. I tend to like hip-hop when I work out. Some days I do like my country. I am of the few Americans who still have unlimited data with my cell phone so I just play Drake radio station off itunes radio on my phone. Whatever you gotta do to get that music going. Just No happy song!  

6. Track all your food for one week
I know it is a pain in the butt to track your food. I promise you though if you do it for one week and see the calories you are eating you will be surprised. It is so easy now with apps like my fitness pal. You can even hand write it first than go back and add it to my fitness pal. 

7. Blast it to the web
Start documenting your journey for the whole world to see. If its instagram, facebook or blogging. Hell even do all 3 if you wish (I do). Put it out there for the world to see how hard you are working and that you ready to take control of your life again. 


With these 7 tips I believe anyone can get back into the groove of working out and feeling amazing. Let me know how your journey is going if you are starting, in the middle or maintaining. 

Don't forget to go like my facebook page to follow my journey. #journeybacktojess  

1 comment

  1. I completely agree with each and every one of these, great post!!

    ReplyDelete