6.10.2014

Homemade Spicy Mustard

Who loves mustard? I know I am the one who will add mustard to just about anything but than again I am not a fan of ketchup so maybe that is why.  I am kind of liking this idea of home made mustard too. I can control what goes into it and take a look at the real ingredients. 

This week is a crazy one for me as the 15th of every month is crazy just as the end of the month is for me. So please stick around while I make it through. 

Anyways.. Here is my new secret mustard. 

Spicy Mustard

ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup yellow mustard seeds 
  • 2 1/2 tbs. brown mustard seeds 
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar 
  • 1/2 cup water 
  • 2 tbs. honey
  • 1/4 tsp ground turmeric 
  • 1/4 tsp ground cumin 
  • sea salt to taste 



How to make it
  • Mix mustard seeds, vinegar and water in a medium bowl and leave at room temperature to soak overnight. (I left mine about 14 hours) 


  • In the morning, drain the liquid into a separate container (see above picture) and add soaked mustard seeds to a food processor. 


  • Add remaining ingredients to the food processor (see below picture) and blend until combined. You should still be able to see the mustard seeds. Add reserved liquid from the soak seeds if needed. (I added about half) 


  • Add to a jar and seal. Keep refrigerator until use.  




This is super easy to make and taste yummy. It is good on everything but maybe I am a little bias. The best part, it is sugar free too. Give it a try and let me know what you think

Happy Tuesday! 

I got the recipe from here

2 comments

  1. This is great! I love making things from scratch because then I know exactly what has gone in it! Chemical free!

    ReplyDelete