1.17.2013

To The Best Older Brother Ever

If people only knew you are truly the ONLY older brother I have 

Wedding October 13,2012 
[don't mind the size of my arms.. I wish I was warned that arms are not attractive in strapless dresses on wedding days]

Dear Dude

Happy Birthday to you! 
I wrote out this awesome post in my head the other night & now that I sit down to write this, I can't remember for the life of me what it said but it went a little something like this ....
I can't believe you are 25 years old, you know what that means? You are half way to 50!!! I couldn't be more proud to call you my brother! You have done so much in just a short 25 years of life, just imagine what another 25 years will do! I miss you every day living right down the hallway from me but I know it was best for you to move 500 miles away to go to college & build your own life in a new home. You built the perfect path to follow and you continue to do so each and every day. I hope the next 25 years of your life is just as amazing.I pray you take a step back and enjoy these years. Soak it all in and cherish those moments! These are the moments you will be telling your kids about, the ones that you will say "I've been there done that probably one too many times!"  I pray everyday that you find a woman that will deal with you and give me some adorable nieces and nephews. Basically, what I am saying is, today is the ONE day you can have too many beers and it will be okay, but don't forget now that you are on the back side of the 20's the hangovers only get worse from here! Today is your day to do whatever you feel like {but you gotta go to work according to your boss}  
Hope you have the best day as you only turn 25 once in your life, than it is all down hill from here dude! 

Happy Birthday Big Brother
I love you

Love always,
You little Sister

7 comments

  1. awwwwwwwwwww I wish I had a brother! :) What a sweet post. Happy Birthday to your big brother!!!! :) And girl, you look fab in that picture!!!!What a gorgeous bride!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so incredibly sweet!! You guys are super lucky to have each other. Can I just add, I always write things out in my head perfectly and when I go to put them on paper (or the internet, lol) I can NEVER remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post! And happy birthday, brother!
    And puhleaseee that pic is fab and your arms look fine, crazy! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I have missed a lot! Sorry you are sick! I was sick with the flu a few weeks ago! NO FUN! Anyway...that is super cute! You are a great little sister! Love you! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet letter. Happy Birthday to your brother!

    ReplyDelete