9.25.2013

Pumpkin French Toast Bake


**These are NOT my photos - I wish I was THIS good at photographing my food & had these pretty plates but I don't**

but I did try this recipe & lemme tell you YUMMY

I bring to you 
Pumpkin French Toast Bake

ingredients:
* 5 1/2 - 7 1/2 cups of inch bread cubes (we used wheat kirkland bread & just filled the bottom of the pan and made it like 2 high)
*7 large eggs 
*2 cups of milk (any kind) 
*1 tsp vanilla 
*1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice 
*1/2 cup pumpkin puree {we used puree} (or 1/4 cup of pumpkin butter)
*3-4 tablespoons brown sugar for topping 
*nuts of choice 

instructions:
1. cut any kind of bread into 1-inch cubes. Enough to cover 9x13 baking dish full. 


2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, pumpkin puree or butter, and pumpkin pie spice until well combined
3. Pour over bread and push down with spoon until all the bread is soaked. 
4.Cover with saran wrap or lid and refrigerate overnight 
5.Next morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 
6.Uncover dish and top with brown sugar (as you wish) and more pumpkin pie spice & nuts
7. Bake for 45 - 60 minutes depending on your oven. Wait until all the liquid is gone and top is golden brown 
8. Serve immediately with your favorite french toast toppings. 


ENJOY!



The Hump Day Blog Hop

2 comments

  1. Yum! I don't normally like French toast but this looks delicious!!

    Mywaytofitandfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. im a sucker for anything pumpkin so i know i'll be trying this haha

    http://www.yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete